As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to progress throughout Australia, it is essential that tradespeople of all kinds understand how they can protect the health and safety of themselves and their customers.
Here at Tradiematepro, we are proud to be a reliable source of information for tradies – and now it is more important than ever to understand how you can provide the best and safest service possible.
Continue reading to learn about our recommendations and how you can take part in our free Q&A webinar every week.
COVID-19 or ‘Coronavirus’ is a respiratory virus that can cause mild to severe infections throughout the nose, lungs and throat. Symptoms of the virus are fever, cough, sore throat, tiredness and shortness of breath. As a highly contagious virus with no known cure or vaccine, practicing proper hygiene is essential to keep yourself and others safe.
To help stop the spread of COVID-19, you should:
- Regularly wash your hands with soap and warm water for a minimum of 20 seconds. This is particularly important to do once you have touched surfaces or objects used by other people.
- Self-isolate by only leaving your home for essential reasons, such as; going grocery shopping, attending medical appointments, caring for dependents or attending work when working from home is not possible.
- Practice social distancing by keeping at least 1.5m between you and anyone outside of your household.
How tradies can maximise health and safety during this time
As COVID-19 can be spread via person-to-person contact, it is essential that tradespeople put in place the right hygiene and safety measures to protect themselves and their customers. This includes:
- Before booking appointments, ask customers whether they have been showing symptoms of COVID-19 or if they have returned from overseas in the past 14 days. If they have, it is advised that you consider whether it is necessary to attend this job as it may put you and your team at greater risk.
- Tradies who have symptoms or who have recently travelled overseas should stop attending work, self-isolate and seek medical advice.
- Ensure that you are always wearing the right PPE – including gloves and masks – especially if you are coming into contact with sewerage pipes and other waste.
- Keep a safe distance of 1.5m between you and your customers at all times.
Stay up to date with our free weekly webinar
Since the outbreak of COVID-19, tradespeople have been forced to adapt to unprecedented changes in the way they work and interact with clients. To help you out during this time, Tradiematepro has decided to hold a weekly Q&A webinar every Friday at 3pm. In this webinar, we will discuss the challenges of running a trades business during this time and how to keep yourself, your staff and your customers as safe as possible as the pandemic progresses.
Click here to register for our next free webinar.
Speak to someone from our team today
If you have any questions for the Tradiematepro team, feel free to get in touch with us today!
Image Credit: Mask